How to embed YouTube videos and what they suggest next
Have you noticed the random suggestions you see after a youtube video has played? Sometimes these suggestions are so random you wish you could switch them off? Let us explore what YouTube embedding options we can implement.
I thing that annoys most people in marketing is that the videos show randow suggestions to unrelated topics or unwanted topics. See below.
As you can see these are really random and most of us would like to prevent such content.
Basic embedding default options
To embed a YouTube video simply go to YouTube and under the video you will find the option to Share > Embed. Click on Embed to get all the embedding options (see below).
The following options can be choosen to control your video embed:
- Video sizes you can choose
- Show the suggested videos when the video finished (this is the option you want to uncheck)
- Show player controls
- Show video title and player actions
- Enable privacy-enhanced mode
Using advances URL control
So let’s say you have a video you want to embed on a website and you get the URL by clicking share > embed : https://www.youtube.com/embed/PcAfgtvQHDM?rel=0. Now you can add parameters to control how it plays for viewers. Here are the additional parameters:
- autoplay: &autoplay=1 to autoplay the video without a viewer clicking to play
- rel: 1 is to show suggestions and 0 is not to show random suggestions
- loop: &loop=1 to loop video
There are many other parameters you can choose from. You can get more information on URl and iframes for YouTube here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters